Kidney for Life Center Commitments
Transplant centers that participate in the Kidney for Life initiative have agreed to the following commitments to help patients find the best donor match.
- Knowledgeable: Have read all of the eplet mismatch research on the About Eplet Matching page on the Kidney for Life website.
- Educated: Have completed the NKR Kidney for Life training.
- Responsive: Will respond to Kidney for Life patient referrals within three business days.
- Exacting: Will complete high-resolution tissue typing on donors and patients that are interested in the Kidney for Life initiative.
- Analytic: Will review the NKR toolbox to determine the probability of finding a low eplet mismatch donor to better inform the patient and donor.
- Proactive: Will provide antibody screening for patients at 30 days and annually post-transplant to proactively monitor for de novo DSA formation.
- Equitable: Will offer the standard NKR donor protections and support (Donor Shield and living donor prioritization) through KFL internal direct to compatible pairs that cannot benefit from improved eplet matching through KPD.
How to Become a Kidney for Life Center
- Review the commitments above.
- Email your center liaison to join.